Thursday, November 6, 2014

Books!

As far as books are concerned I, of course, have read several. I am in the process of reviewing them now. Here are a few that will be up for review soon. In no particular order just as they come to mind.
What I have read & will be reviewing

  1. Unending Rooms by Daniel Chacon
  2. Churched by Matthew Paul Turner
  3. Conversations with History by Susan Lander
  4. So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore
What I am currently reading

  1. The Book of Strange New Things by Michael Faber
  2. Baghdad by Justin Marozzi
  3. The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates by Wes Moore
  4. The Normal School, Winter edition, Steven Church, Sophie Beck (literary mag)

The following three books, I ordered last week. I have been impatiently waiting to read them. I went to ALL local bookstores in FRESNO! I live in Fresno. We are not a San Francisco or a big L.A.. However, we in Fresno are a bigger metropolitan city than many would like to believe and sadly, none of the bookstores had a copy, not one copy of these amazing books below.
The only big chain bookseller we have in Fresno offered to order all three for me. I instantly turned them down. 

It truly was disappointing. Nevertheless, I ordered them and the books are on the way to my home. Hopefully, I will get them by the end of November. .

Books I have ordered and cannot wait to receive!!!!!
** Hosoi by Christian Hosoi (I totally respect this man. my youth, my punk days! skate)
 
 
 
 
Afterlives of the Saints by Colin Dickey (omg cannot wait for this one!!!)
 
 
 
Snow in May  by Kseniya Melnik (I was not approved for an advance copy due to living in the Western world. I was told they wanted reviewers from another part of the world  :( ... I still want to read it. I love Russian writers)  
 



If any of you would like to read along with me, it would be a pleasure to read with you. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I am always looking for new authors to discover.

Happy Reading,

Until Next time..
~Francine

No comments:

Post a Comment