Sunday, November 16, 2014

Books to Read Before You Die.


25 Books to Read Before You Die
According to Powell Books there are 25 books everyone should read before they die. I looked over the list and am pretty interested in many of the books. I have read a few already and a few of them I found on my bookshelves in my “to be read” section.

This will be my new challenge to attempt to read through this list before I turn to dust. 
I am adding the complete list below. I have placed an X next to the ones I have already read, and next to the one I am currently reading I have placed an * asterisk.
Eventually, I will add a tab for reviews of these 25 books for anyone to follow along. Also, if any of you would like to read along with me, feel free.

I am excited to get started on this list some of these books sound amazing. Several of these authors I was unaware of, so to now read their work should be a delight.

1.     2666 by Roberto Bolano

2.     All About Love by Bell Hooks

3.     Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey

4.     Disgrace by J.M. Coetzee

5.     Geek Love by Katherine Dunn

6.     Gilead by Marilynne Robinson

7.     Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin

8.     A Good Man is Hard to Find & Other Stories by Flannary O’Connor     X

9.     The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood

10.                       The HItchiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

11.                       If on a Winter’s Night a Traveler by Italo Calvino

12.                       Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace

13.                       The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin

14.                       Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

15.                       Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl

16.                       Maus by Art Spigelman
  
17.                       Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro                              *

18.                       A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn

19.                       The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster

20.                       Poems by Elizabeth Bishop

21.                       Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

22.                       Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe                                X

23.                       To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee                              X

24.                       Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak       X

25.                       The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami

 

Happy Reading!

Francine

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment