Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Summer Reading List

What will you be reading this summer? I have a list of books I am aiming to read this month and am expecting a nice little package of books from Amazon.com as well as a few publishing houses that send me books to review, but I will keep those books a secret since they have not been released yet, but I am so amped up to read them (smiles).

For now I will share with you the books I plan to read this month.  If you would like to read along I welcome it. I will be reading the classic "One Hundred Years of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Marquez passed away this year and I am honored to be able to finally read this book. I have never read this, but have heard great things about it. My mentor and friend Mr. Markovitz adds this book amongst his favorites.
 
My second choice is Daniel Chacon's "Unending Rooms". Chacon is a Fresno Native and I say this proudly.

The book I am currently reading is Tim Winton's "Eyrie". Let me say I have never read a book by an Australian author before and am surprised by how much I love this book. I started reading it a few days ago and struggled through the first chapter, I don't want to give to much away but will say this, last night I stayed up reading this book to 3:58am. I did not want to put it down. It grabbed me and refused to let me go, as I refused, fighting off sleep and my own exhaustion just to keep reading. It is wonderful. I am so looking forward to getting home tonight just to read and finish this book.

 If you are interested in reading the above books along with me email me and lets share our thoughts. If you have your own set of Summer July reads share your picks with me. Let's talk books!

Happy Reading !

by Francine





No comments:

Post a Comment