Monday, January 21, 2013

One Today


                             "One sun rose on us today, kindled over our shores....
.....All of us as vital as the one light we move through......."
                                                                                          Richard Blanco
My highlight of the year thus far, hands down, not unlike a story I read by Tobias Wolff, that lit a fire in my soul, a fire for the love of words, the beauty and power that it ordains in one’s life; today, again, I feel that, along with the sense of  pride in being an American.

During the Inauguration, American Poet Richard Blanco created & read the most beautiful and delicately powerful poem titled, “One Today”

If you were unable to watch the Inauguration, I suggest to Google Blanco and hear his amazing words. The poem is truly breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment