Sunday, September 28, 2014

Wanna read along...

Happy Sunday everyone! 
Yesterday I strolled down to Barnes & Noble looking for a new book, an actual book and not an ebook.  I am given ebooks from different publishing houses in exchange for my review. I appreciate this and also I am not rich, so financially, I love it.
Still there is nothing I love more than holding a book. I love bookstores.  I love being surrounded by books.  This setting makes me happy.
 
Yesterday while there at the mothership :-) I came across so many great books that I have added to my reading list.
 
I was looking for one book in particular titled Snow in May by Russian writer, Kseniya Melnik. I was saddened when the Barnes & Noble woman said they did not have it in stock. I enjoy reading literature from other countries and Russian literature has always been one of my favorites. I love the classics from that country and hope to find some contemporary writers and a new favorite. Remember if you have any recommendations be sure to let me know. I'd love to hear what current Russian writers you prefer.
 
I ended up getting "We The Animals" by Justin Torres. I am hooked.  I read one hundred pages last night and did not want to stop. Turns out he is a graduate from the University of Iowa Writer's Workshop which is like the cherry on a sundae; no other school compares.Torres is an amazing writer, each chapter ends with a punch.  His sentences are so well written that they are like fire warming cold bones. Absolutely amazing.
 
Stay tuned for this review as well as a teen book review of Tears of a Tiger by Sharon M. Draper from contributing writer Freddy Ramos. And please feel free and grab a copy of your own and read along with us!
 
Have a great Sunday!
Anthem Book Review
By Francine

No comments:

Post a Comment